Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thomas Gidley of El Dorado Station



John contacted me via Gooogle, so I will add this to my to-do list. The gumleaf painting by A W Eustace shows Black Dog Creek flowing through or near the El Dorado run station in NE Victoria:

I stumbled across your web site (http://eustace.id.au) after doing a Google search on my 2nd Great Grandfather Thomas Gidley, who came to Australia from Cork in 1851. On his death certificate it mentions that he was a squatter. On his wife's death certificate it mentions their place of residence as El Dorado Station near Chiltern. They had nine children, one of them also a Thomas Gidley. I was wondering if you know whether there is any connection with my relatives and the Thomas Gidley you mention in the "Black Dog CreekChronicle".

No comments: